Immediate Opening! – Summer 2021
The Maine Trail Crew Member will be an integral part of a small team camping on the Appalachian Trail and reconstructing targeted trail sections. The Trail Crew builds stone steps, waterbars, retaining walls and other erosion control structures. Advanced training with stone cutting, stonework, rigging systems and other trail work will be taught.
- At least one season of outdoor trail work
- Backcountry backpacking, camping and cooking experience (food is on your own)
- Good health, physical fitness and able to hike long distances in mountain terrain
- Ability to live and work with others
- Willingness to maintain a safe work environment under challenging conditions
Pay: $17.00 will be per hour, $680 per week. Off day housing is provided.
Dates: Now through October 1, 2021.
To Apply: submit a letter, resume and references by email (“Trail Crew Member” in subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MATC is an equal opportunity employer.