Horseshoe Canyon section
An awesome section in the Kennebec District is looking for a new Maintainer.
The trail section maintenance includes 3.2 miles of white blaze from the West Branch of the Piscataquis north to the Horseshoe Canyon Lean-to north trail.
Access is not the easiest, but a beautiful area of the state. Several options:
- Park at Shirley/Blanchard Road and cross all of the northern abutting section (2.6 miles), including a ford on the West Branch of the Piscataquis. This puts you at the northern end of the section and the campsite. It is a hike to start the workday, but a very pleasant one upstream along the West Branch.
- Park at Marble Brook Road and cross some of the southern abutting section (~1 mile); ford Bald Mountain Stream to come into the southern end of the section.
- Bushwhack from Breakneck Ridge (Perkins Road) downhill on old skidder trails to ford the West Branch of the Piscataquis and be very near the northern end of the section and the campsite.
- Section: Horseshoe Canyon
- End Points: Bald Mountain Stream north to Horseshoe Canyon
- Distance: Approximately 3 miles
Interested Parties Please contact: David Dore – Kennebec district Manager