MATC Trail Maintainers clear brush and debris from the Appalachian Trail in Maine
Welcome to the Maine Appalachian Trail Club
where volunteers and trail enthusiasts maintain and manage
267 miles of the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
A mission we’ve been carrying out since 1935.
Join the 2015 Maine Trail Crew today!
- Bemis Stream Trail is closed due to active logging in the area. – Posted 7/19/15
- Attention Thru-Hikers! – Safeguard the AT in Baxter State Park - Posted 7/16/15
- Read about Youth Stewardship on the AT: Bates College – Posted 5/28/15
- Group Hiking/Camping Registration Form Now Available
- Download – Biennial Program 2015 – Shenendoah University, VA – July 17-24
- Read the AT Journeys article “Priority Privies” about MATC’s 20-year-replacement project
- Read about the 2017 Biennial
- MATC Chainsaw Training Workshops
If you’d like to help, but aren’t sure how you can, click the “I want to help” button below and tells us about some of your skills and interests. We will be sure to get back to you and find the right thing for you to do. Thanks!